We’re back! After a 6-month hiatus we are excited to welcome you back to the EVOfi podcast.
This episode discusses estate planning with our guest, Mike Bennett, Lead Estate Planner at Helios Integrated Planning. We to talk about top issues Mike sees in estate plans, 5 major decisions to make in your estate plan, and potential estate tax changes.
Topics We Cover:
- The 5 major decisions that go into creating an estate plan
- Do we see the estate tax exemption being lowered in the future?
- What can you control with legal documents?
- As someone with young kids, what should my documents focus on?
- When does a Trust based estate plan make sense?
- How to handle your digital estate
- The top issues seen in estate plans
Key Points and Features:
- Connect with the EVO team
- The State of Love and Trust by Pearl Jam
- The one thing Mike would want to do: travel to Australia
- A profession he would NOT like to do: police officer or litigation attorney
- If Mike weren’t judged he’d: dance!
- Mike’s happiest childhood memory: winning the 8th grade basketball championship